Digest-Rite - 30 Teabags
Gentian has been traditionally used in western herbal medicine:
- as a bitter tonic to support healthy digestion / appetite
- to relieve symptoms of indigestion.
Bitter herbs are used in western herbal medicine for maintaining healthy digestive function. As gastric secretion declines with age, a significant percentage of people aged 65 years or older have abnormally low gastric acidity. Low acidity can lead to poor nutrient absorption and abnormal bowel flora. When bitter substances are tasted at the back of the tongue prior to a meal, they have a priming effect on the upper digestive function - this is most noticeable if digestion is below optimum.
Active ingredients: Each 1.6 g teabag contains Gentian Dry (Gentiana lutea) 800 mg. Non-active ingredients: Each teabag also contains Ocimum basilicum (Basil) Herb Dry, Calendula Flower Dry (Calendula officinalis), Sage Leaf Dry (Salvia officinalis).
Indication 1: Digest-Rite contains the bitter herb Gentian which has been traditionally used in western herbal medicine to:
- promote healthy appetite
- maintain healthy digestion
- stimulate gastric secretions.
Directions for use 1: Infuse 1 teabag (1.6 g) in 250 mL (one cup) of boiling water, steep for ten minutes before removing teabag. Adults - drink 1 cup three times daily, 30 to 60 minutes before meals. There are no restrictions on duration of use.
Indication 2: Gentian has also been traditionally used in western herbal medicine to relieve symptoms of indigestion.
Directions for use 2: Infuse 1 teabag (1.6 g) in 250 mL (one cup) of boiling water, steep for ten minutes before removing teabag. Adults - drink 1 cup three times daily, after meals. There are no restrictions on duration of use.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Free from: preservatives, added colours / flavours, caffeine, gluten, sugars, lactose and nuts.
- Store below 30⁰C in a dark dry place.
- Manufactured according to international harmonised standards for Good Manufacturing Practice for Medicinal Products.
- Listed on the Australian register of Therapeutic Goods as Hilde Hemmes' Herbals Digest-Rite Teabags AUST L 336446.
- Dose form = Dried Herb.