HERBS OF GOLD FOLIC ACID COMPLEX 60T
Herbs of Gold Folic Acid Complex provides a daily dose of 500mcg of folic acid which, if taken daily for at least one month before conception and during pregnancy, may reduce the risk of having a child with spina bifida/neural tube defects. Contains co-methylcobalamin, the metabolically active form of vitamin B12 in the body.
* Provides a daily dose of 500mcg of folic acid, Â which if taken daily for one month before conception and during pregnancy, may reduce the risk of having a child with brain and spinal cord defects such as spina bifida/neural tube defects and anencephaly.
* Folic Acid Complex contains the active form of vitamin B12, co-methylcobalamin, which is more readily used by the body compared to other forms of vitamin B12, such as cyanocobalamin.
* Vitamin B12 is an important cofactor for folic acid function.
* Vitamin B12 is required for the synthesis of myelin, the protective sheath surrounding many nerves.
* Vitamin B12 helps maintain healthy cognitive function.
* Folic acid and vitamin B12 are important for healthy cell growth, replication and division.
* Vitamin B6 may help relieve morning sickness in pregnant women.
* Vitamin B6 maintains healthy immune function and is necessary for red blood cell formation.
* Iodine requirements are increased during pregnancy and lactation. Adequate iodine is necessary for healthy brain, skeletal and central nervous system development in fetuses and infants.
* Folic Acid Complex helps maintain a healthy cardiovascular system by maintaining healthy homocysteine metabolism.
* Vitamins B12, B6 and folic acid can assist in maintaining normal blood in healthy individuals.
* Vitamins B6 and B12 are required for healthy nervous system function.
* Vitamins B6 and B12 assist in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
* The elderly, strict vegetarians and vegans are at increased risk of vitamin B12 deficiency.